Thursday, April 22, 2010

Race Day

Procrastination.

Why does it, in theory, feel so good but in reality it makes everything harder? I mean, I know the longer I put off what I should be doing the more anxious I will feel and the less I'll actually get done by the end of the day. But now that it's finally quiet in this cozy lunch place I'm in, I want to hang out just a little longer.

Because the loud, rude guys that took the seats immediately next to me are finally gone.

Because I'm indulging in a Coke Zero and I want another one before I leave.

Because I'm a stubborn first born child and I'M GROWN AND I DO WHAT I WANT.

I have a race this evening (well, IT is a race, but you won't actually see me racing) and I'm trying to find the best way to conserve energy for 6pm. I'm having my caffeine now, so I know I'll have to maintain that. I ate some avocados for lunch so that should be enough calories... I hope. All the other races I've ran have been at 8am, when everyone is still fresh in the morning. What kind of sadists schedule a race when everyone is exhausted at the end of the day? Oh, right, it's a corporate race thing. Got it.

The highlight of my day so far was the cute boy that was in here but I didnt' talk to him.

I should really build up some nerve.

I'll work on that!

No comments: