Sunday, September 19, 2010

Freedom, at last.

I'M FREE!!

I was fired last week from the corporate job. I actually believe it's really the best thing that could have happened to me. I have no idea what's going to happen next or what I really want, but I'm very happy to have the opportunity to explore what I want to do. Well, I will as soon as unemployment starts to come in.

I'm going to have to manage my time though. I've discovered that if I turn on the TV, my whole day can get sucked down the drain and that is a terrible feeling. It's an awesome feeling though, to be able to set my own schedule and do what I want to do all day. I hope I don't become too lazy to do what I want to do. Doing absolutely nothing is great once in a while but it can become a little taxing. Weird, right? I start to feel a little worthless.

So here is a first draft of how I plan on spending my week:

5 hours/week working out (at least--3 of these are already planned)
5 hours/week searching online for a job (again, at least. An hour a day seems like a good start.)
AND 5 hours/week working on my writing. Finally.

Then there's the about 16 hours/week I'll spend working at the bar (still doing that part-time.)

And I think I'd like to pick up some volunteer work. I definitely have the time. :)

So we're up to about a full work week's worth of time.

We'll see how it goes. Hopefully what I will NOT do is plop my fat ass down on the couch and get stuck. I'll have to avoid the couch like it has herpes.

No comments: