Changes. Transitions. They're the only definites in my life. Well, in general. Besides my family.
I sit here, having moved from salesperson to unemployed person to optical tech person; from involved-with-someone-on-the-way-to-marriage person to single person; from roommate to living alone person. All of this within a few months. Well, the transition from salesperson to optical tech took a little longer, but still not longer than a year.
So, in one year I have flipped my life upside down.
And I'm not quite steady yet.
I'm still not sure what I want, but I'm narrowing down what I don't want. I guess that's half the battle. I know I'm lucky and blessed to have the family that I do, and the ability to adapt easily to new situations. There are people that bump up against life so hard that they are constantly wounded and bewildered. I will always be grateful for my ability to roll with things as they change.
I can't stop eating Nilla Wafers. That's not a euphemism. I literally have a hard time not sticking my hand inside the box. They're just too delicious.
Here's what's on my sleep deprived, Nilla wafer stuffed mind today: (because the Internet needs to know)
1. I need to stop by Old Navy on the way to work. I need a new bar shirt that's sexy without trying too hard.
2. I need a massage. Seriously. My spine is compressing into my heels and it hurts in the morning. That sucks.
3. I miss my boyfriend. But I can't go back. Things will end up the same as they were and I don't want to move backwards. Forward motion is key.
4. Why is it that I always want to party harder when I'm tired? I move past the point of wanting to sleep and into a manic zone. Like a little kid that's overtired, maybe.
5. I need to get back to work.