Thursday, September 15, 2005

I watched Closer last night.

Old people always say, Time Flies. Well, I think they're right. I'm not sure if this is because I'm getting older, but last week at this time, I thought today would never come. And here it is. And it's almost like this past weekend never even happened. Not that today is special or anything, but I had a very busy weekend that I had been preparing for for at least 3 months, and I thought it would never end. But it did. No fireworks, no apocalypse, just... The End.

Another weekend is coming... in Athens, GA, time is measured by UGA football games. In the week between each one there is a ton of stuff to be done. This is true for me in a couple of ways; 1. I have to clean the house and get it ready for company, which is a never-ending task. 2. I have promotions each weekend that have to be prepared for, which often takes a week (small tasks spread over many days.)

And before I know it, Christmas is here, then New Years, then Easter... it just never stops (of course, I'm grateful for that, because otherwise I'd be D-E-D dead.)

I don't plan on getting married anytime soon, but I do want to have children. And since time is flying so quickly, should I be thinking about that now? I'm such a child still... I can barely take care of myself. When my mother was my age, she had 2 kids and would be having a third in less than 2 years. Were people more grownup then, or did they just take on too much too fast, which would explain why every parental unit of my childhood friends is dissolved (including my own.) But if we're waiting for ourselves to be ready to take on these challenges and not regret them, will we wait too long?

It's becoming more and more impossible to take a break in life... more stores are open 24 hrs, people are getting up earlier and working later to get more done, only to get up the next day and start again. Are we setting this breakneck pace because we're afraid Time will catch up to us? And isn't it odd that the faster we move, the faster time flies.

And why is it that when I wake up in the morning, my hands smell weird? What do I touch when I'm sleeping?

No comments: