Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Everything Old is New Again.

It's been 2 years since my last post.

It's amazing how much can change in that short amount of time.

The last 2 years (at warp speed):

1. Broke up with s.o., started dating Emotionally Immature Alcoholic (EIA), broke up with him, am currently single and loving it.

2. Am still at the job I was new to when I posted last... and I really like it.

3. I've been in therapy for almost a year now and it's helped my growth tremendously.

4. I've deepened my relationship with God and it's been an amazing journey so far.

5. New apartment, new roommate--one of the best decisions yet.

6. I stopped eating meat almost 2 years ago and haven't really craved it since.


And one old thought: I haven't been able to shake the idea that a writer is what I'm supposed to be. A friend called me a Writer over the weekend to which I replied You have to WRITE to be a Writer... so here I am, trying to make that true. As Elizabeth Gilbert said, "I never promised the Universe I would write well, I just promised that I would write."

It's a beautiful Fall day. Beautiful Fall days make me want to cook, probably because using the stove won't make my living room feel like the surface of the sun. So far I've made Baba Ghanoush, which came out really bitter and I'll feel really bad if I have to throw it out but possibly worse if I have to eat it; caramel apples, which have lost almost all of their caramel to the wax paper under them; and turtle chocolate chip cookies which were premade by Toll House and have 170 calories PER COOKIE. I've only had, oh... FIVE. And I didn't work out today.

It could be (and has been) worse. I had an awesome weekend. I got to spend time with my family which I haven't been able to do for a long time. My niece is coming to see me in a couple of weeks and I'm actually really looking forward to it. I'm not a huge fan of pre-teens but this one is pretty fun.

This time around, I think I'm going to try to write more stories that I have trapped in my head. I might have to start another blog so I can prevent people from reading the drivel that was the beginning of this one, but I'll worry about that once I start posting regularly.

It feels pretty good to get started again. :)

No comments: