Friday, October 16, 2009

Things I Love Today

Things I love today:

1. Therapy. I've been seeing a counselor for almost a year now and it's really changed my life. I've never had any serious trauma and I know I'm incredibly blessed but there are some lies that I've come to believe about myself over the years that have hindered my success in just about everything. I think everyone has at least something they need to work through and I would recommend therapy for everyone at some point in their lives.

And that's all I have to say about that.

2. Butternut Squash soup. I made some yesterday using a recipe I found online and man, it's really, really good.

3. Green tea. I go through phases when I drink a ton and then I get really sick of it. I'm on an upswing right now--I love the stuff.

4. FALL!! I love this weather! It's finally stopped raining and cooled off. The leaves are changing... I wish fall lasted 6 months. Maybe a year. A whole year of Fall. Now that would be awesome. But then, I'd probably have to suffer through a whole year of Summer and then I'd have to move to Alaska.

5. Working from home. It's not encouraged at my job, probably not technically allowed, but thankfully my boss doesn't micro-manage. I took advantage of it today since we'll get our work laptops in a couple months and then we'll probably be spied upon. Thanks, GPS systems for limiting my freedom.

There's a lot of other stuff I love right now also, but this could get pretty long and make you start longing for green tea and butternut squash and I can't be responsible for that.

No comments: