Sunday, October 18, 2009

In The Club

I love my family.

I love my parents, I love my siblings, I love being a member of my family.

We are happy, resilient, enthusiastic, tough, excitable, easily entertained, funny, loving, smart, devoted and determined.

My brother and sister belong to a youth group at their church where people actually say they want to have our last name. Of course it's all a joke and probably a nod to how tight we are but I like to think there's a grain of truth in it.

As I said, the 3 of us siblings are really tight and when someone marries into our family--as we've seen--they are absorbed. You are one of us. We accept you and will love you, flaws and all (of course, if you do something really bad to an original member, there will be consequences. Thankfully we haven't had to deal with that.)

Actually, it might be more like joining a gang. A motorcycle gang. We don't beat you in, but you will be teased mercilessly until you're almost broken. And you will be forced to do the jobs that no one else wants to do... and you will be tested to see how much you can stand. But it's worth it to get all the priviledges of belonging.

Right?

No comments: