Saturday, April 30, 2005

Something to look forward to

So tomorrow is the start of a new month. I love the beginnings of things. I love mornings, New Years, the start of a new relationship... I love the promise of change and the hope that something new brings. So here are a few things I have to look forward to (or dread) in the coming month:
1. 36 days until my birthday!! (and there are some people that would expect me to dread it since I'm turning 27, but I love birthday parties and I will celebrate until I die. Getting older has never bothered me, nor do I expect it to. Truly, with age comes experience and with that, wisdom.)
2. 18 promotions for the month of May. (that's kind of half and half--it's work, but can be fun.)
3. Getting paid and actually being able to SAVE some of my paycheck.
4. All the weekends I get to spend with my beautiful boyfriend.
5. The Mothers Day party I will attend with my niece.
6. Spending almost a full week with my sister.

That's what I think of when I think of May beginning. I'm sure there's more to look forward to as the month wears on.... Am I such a Pollyanna? Sometimes I feel like that. For example: Last night I covered a promotion for a friend/coworker and I hadn't been to this bar before. The bar is actually a club and there are marked differences in what one would wear to a bar and to a club. I dressed the way I would to work here in town and was sorely out of place. I wore a lightweight black sweater, a white skirt and black sandals. I looked good, kind of preppy but it was an outfit that I could have worn to church. Everyone else in this club was dressed as if they were going to... a club, of course. The attention that I drew to myself wasn't bad since that's what I was there to do, but I felt like a goody goody. Oh well. Not really important in the long run. I did meet a whole lot of interesting people and wasn't surprised to discover yet again that the people that look the scariest often carry on the best conversations.

No comments: