Saturday, May 21, 2005

And then he called me fat.....

What to do when your boyfriend calls you "fat"*

1. Cry
2. Ask him who the fuck he thinks he's judging... he's not so teeny either
3. Ask who he's comparing you to, he's never had any complaints before (which could lead to a whole other argument)

*Of course, you had a few glasses of wine and a pint of Haagen Daas Dulce de Leche. Also, the exact conversation was :
Me: You have really good taste in ice cream
Him: yeah, when I was at Winn Dixie checking out, the girl asked me if I had a girlfriend, she thought my taste was so good.
Me: Was she asking if you had a girlfriend because she thought it was so good or if you were buying it for your girlfriend?
Him: (sarcastially) yeah, she asked me "do you date a fat red-head girl? Is this for her?"

So then I got pissed since I hadn't made any insinuation as to whether I thought it was an issue of weight and when I voiced my distress he said "yeah, I can see where you're coming from, but I didn't mean it like that."

Am I wrong for not expecting an apology? I don't really think he thinks that I'm fat, but still... he's got to learn that when a girl is on her period, you don't make fat jokes and then not apologize. Especially when she is taking steps to correct supposed (and apparently inncorrect--according to him) fatness.... am I just drunk? I think I have a point.

1 comment:

Nutmeg said...

ERIN!!!!! man, i hate you skinny bitches ;0 well, he obviously wouldn't have said that if he thought that, but you know that. sometimes when i'm drunk i think i peed in my pants, and i haven't. so i think that sometimes we see/hear things that aren't there, totally understandable. hope that you had good make-up sex! ;0