Wednesday, May 18, 2005

So I happened to see an ad online for Britney Spears' new "reality" show and thought it might be entertaining to watch it last night.

It was definitely entertaining... like a car wreck is entertaining. Could she BE any trashier? When she started talking about how good the sex was with Kevin (when he had a pregnant ex-girlfriend) I was grossed out. Do whatever you want, but don't tell the whole freakin world about it. I hope there weren't any 13 year old girls that stayed up to watch her show... I'm not going to be a virgin when I get married either, but I don't have little girls idolizing me. Or Barbie dolls made in my likeness. Or people getting plastic surgery to look like me.

I felt like I was watching someone's really boring home videos. Only the most star-struck voyeur will enjoy watching that show for longer than 20 mins.

There were a couple of things I liked about it. The scenes where she was about to perform were pretty cool--I can't imagine walking out onto a stage surrounded by thousands of screaming fans... and I loved her country accent (that she really cleans up for her interviews) because she sounds like a lot of people I know.

That show might become a guilty pleasure, like eating a huge bowl of Dulce de Leche ice cream... but I'll feel just as bloated and sick after I finish watching it.

No comments: